Sale-a-Bration may be over ( 🙁 ) but the Spring/Summer catalogue is still here until end of May and I’ve been loving playing with all of the products. Today’s project uses the Succulent Framelit Dies in a not-so-succulent way! I’ve used them to create a beautiful bright yellow flower as the feature on this card. The great thing about these dies is that you can cut all of the layers for your flower with one pass through the big shot! I love the contrast of the beautiful yellow flower with the black and white background!
The Flower is made by cutting all of the sizes of the succulent dies, apart from the largest and the smallest, from Daffodil Delight cardstock, and sponging the edges with some Daffodil Delight ink. This is super easy – you just need to pick up a little ink from your ink pad with one of the Stampin’ Up sponges (I cut mine into quarters to make it easier) and lightly rub it over the edges of the flowers. It may be a good idea to use a silicone mat to do this on so that you can just run the mat under the tap after and wash it off, but if you don’t have one you can always just use a piece of scrap paper. Cut the smallest of the flowers from the black piece of Urban Underground paper.
To put the flower together, simply use the length of a pokey tool or pencil to curl the petals of each of your flowers upwards, and then use Stampin’ Dimensionals to stick one on top of another, working from largest to smallest, and ensuring you’re staggering the petals so that they’re not all lying on top of each other. Finish with the black flower on the top (I stuck this one on with a glue dot), and add a pearl to the centre of this to complete!
The sentiment is from the Big on Birthdays stamp set. This sentiment is so easily overlooked as there are so many beautiful big birthday sentiments in this set, but I love the font on this little one, I’ve used it on so many different cards and it goes with so many different styles! I also cut a sliver of Daffodil Delight cardstock, and a sliver of the black paper from the Urban Underground paper pack, and I used the triple banner punch to add banner ends to all 3, ensuring they were all different lengths.
To build the card up, I created a card blank from an A5 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock scored in half, then cut a piece of zigzag urban Underground paper to 1/4″ smaller each way than my card front, and layered it on top. Next, I adhered a Lace Doilie to the bottom left hand corner, and layered up my flower, my sentiment, and my two banners of paper.
I love how bright and bold this card comes out! I hope you love this project, please see the links below if you would like to purchase any of the products I used.SHOP NOW JOIN MY TEAM